Monday, December 27, 2010

Journey Reflecting My Physical, Spiritual, and Psychological Well-being

Based on my reflections on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being of optimal well being, I consider my physical well-being rated as a 9.  I say this because I am physically active in my life by incorporating physical exercise in my daily routine as well as incorporating healthy eating habits within my diet and my families.  Also, I take good physical care of health by seeing the doctor regularly and as needed.  However I have a disability which I contracted due to a head injury I encountered in my past experience.  I must take regular medications in order to stabilize it from affecting me.  Because of this disability I cannot rate myself as a perfect 10 in my physical well-being. 

As for my spiritual well-being, I would rate myself a perfect 10 because I have my Christian faith to spiritually fill my needs.   My spirituality helps alleviate the problems that out of my control.  My spirituality helps bring me together and feel a sense of belonging and helps me to connect with my community.  My spiritual faith helps me strengthen my outlook towards all of the aspects in my life. 

As for my psychological well-being, this is my weakest point.  Therefore I would rate myself in the middle being at least a 5.  I say this because I have a difficult time managing my daily stressors from school and I feel mentally drained with all of the school work I have to do.  Also, I have a difficult time relaxing with all the daily stressors and activities I have to endure.   


2 comments:

  1. Hi Diana,

    Wow! Spiritual health a perfect 10 and physical health a 9…way to go! Personally as a work in progress, I feel there is always room for improvement as this keeps us motivated. However, I admire your confidence and hope to be able to strengthen my weak areas where I can maintain a better outlook in life.

    Although I exercise six days a week and maintain healthy eating habits, I suspect my overall health could be compromised due to my weaker psychological health…I tend to keep my emotions to myself. I guess that is why I suffer from tight shoulders and my neck is usually tight due to my ailing throat chakra; however, I am able to alleviate tension with relaxation techniques such as yoga, deep breathing exercises, and mental imagery and meditation. Also, I can relate to the feeling of being pulled in all directions when it comes to balancing school, family, and personal life. What usually works for me is prioritizing my school work and finding time for me each day…it seems difficult at first but it does become easier the more you do it. Also, I keep a daily to-do list where I can check off my accomplished tasks…and what doesn’t get done today will have to wait until tomorrow.

    Great job with displaying your posts with such awesome pics! I enjoy the visual effect and appreciate all you do to maintain a superb blog. I hope that you and your loved ones enjoyed a wonderful and blessed Christmas holiday. Have a joyous and successful 2011!

    Allana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,
    I am starting to realize again how great it feels to have faith in my life. I participated in youth groups in high school and attended a Sunday youth group at a friend's chruch in high school but I had since then fell out of routine with church. This year I started going to church more because my kids enjoy Sunday school and I am starting to feel more spiritually connected because of that. You have a great point about having good spiritaul health because you have strong spirtual faith!

    ReplyDelete