Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Two practices beneficial in mental fitness

    
     The Crime of the Century relaxation exercise provided by Seaward (2008) is sure to give my clients a revitalizing experience.  Utilizing the methods of meditation and visualization helps alleviate my client’s mind of all their problems and worries.  This is such a beneficial exercise to experience especially when they are in need of separating themselves from the outside world and in need of relaxing the mind.  The sound of the music in the background along with the soothing voice of the man will help them feel calm and very relaxed inside and out.  The relation of the colors of the rainbow with parts of the body region and how it all combines together will assist them to stay connected with themselves as well as give them a sense of balance within themselves.  The sense of being grounded will aid them in feeling comfortable and stable.  Feeling centered will improve their confidence and self worth and love, not just by anyone but the world.  Also the sense of positivity will let them feel as if nothing can come between them and take the feelings they are experiencing right now.  Overall this experience will give them a better outlook on life, provide them with stronger will power and creativity along with granting them the feeling of positivity that they are able to accomplish anything in life and that they are a strong individual.   This will also give a better outlook to the meaning in life.  Since I loved the experience and the bonding between the colors and the world, I feel this exercise will give my clients the feeling of balance and connection.  They will feel at peace with themselves.
     The Universal Loving Kindness exercise is a powerful meditation exercise expanding the mind and heart (Dacher, 2006).  Also, this meditation exercise is a short yet great source of practice in alleviating embedded anger and hatred built within an individual’s heart.  Once practiced and incorporated into one’s life, one will be able to move their personal love within themselves to universal loving-kindness to others around them.   In addition, this exercise is considered a thoughtful and reflective healing award not just for our personal being but everyone else around them in the world.  This practice helps individual’s reach out to others.  Best of all, this exercise doesn’t take much effort or time to incorporate this simple practice into one’s daily life. 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Diana,

    I just wanted to tell you again that you did a wonderful job on your blog and I really enjoyed reading your thoughts about the difference exercises throughout the course. I definitely believe that these exercises would work in my life as well because sometimes I get so stressed out that I lose balance in my life and both these exercises could help. I believe that the first exercise you provided would help with connect myself to my mind. I also believe that the Loving Kindness exercise would help me enjoy the company of others and give the ability to meet new people.

    What type of field were you looking to get into? I believe that both of these exercises would help with fields that involved alternative medicines because they allow for the reduction of stress and depression without pills or surgery from a traditional practitioner. Although, I do not believe that these practices would help with my client because I need my client to have a focus point because they need to release the distractions during exercising. But I do believe that any type of meditation can help someone try to balance their life and relieve stress in the process. Thank you again for your post and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,
    Your ideas to help the patients or clients is wonderfull. When we started this class I can honestly say I never expected to really understand how meditation or visualizing anything could help me. Since than I have felt better, more relaxed and in control of myself and my enviroment. I am going to share something, the last several weeks have been hard. My son's friend died in a terrible 4 wheeler accident. He was 12 and I have been his team Mom for 6 years, he was like one of my kids. When this happened I felt scattered and disconnected, like my mind could not function. I sat down and attempted several times to meditate, not really sure why. When I attempted the loving kindness exercise I used Wyatt at my visualization. I felt peace, I can't explain it I just felt better. I have continued to practice relaxing and focusing my meditation. I can honestly say I don't feel so scattered about what happened and the meditation allowed my mind to except and deal with this tragedy. I wanted to share this experience with you and I agree, meditation works. I am a believer know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane,

    Another outstanding job on your post this week! I believe your clients would gain a wonderful experience from the rainbow meditation as it is quite soothing with beneficial results. What I really enjoy about this meditation is how everything flows together smoothly without any harsh or abrupt adjustments; the music and voice are calming, the suggested prompts help to create effective visualizations and the phrases to repeat during the practice evokes positive feelings and emotions. Personally, this meditation is one that I truly enjoy when I need to detox from a stressful day. I do agree this is a beneficial meditation for anyone in need of separating themselves from the noise and haste of the world to discover inner peace and calmness.

    In addition, I have also enjoyed the universal loving kindness contemplative practice for reducing self focus and opening my heart to others as I take in their suffering and send out loving-kindness thoughts of happiness, health, and wholeness. Even though this practice requires effort; I find that it can be achieved especially if discipline, patience, and committed practice are applied; and the experience becomes more meaningful and beneficial. Also, meditative practices promote a sense of peace and calmness that anyone can look forward to practicing regularly.

    As always, it is a pleasure to follow you on your health journey and be inspired by your sincere reflections and creative posts! Keep up the fantastic work as you progress toward health, happiness, and wholeness.

    Good luck to you on your aspirations accomplishments!

    Allana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Diana,

    Great post this week. I too feel that the crime of the century exercise could be very beneficial to future clients. I am also very drawn to the loving kindness and subtle mind exercise. There are so many choices in meditation that future clients will be able to, with our help, make each practice his or her own. This will ensure that we are truly let clients be in charge of his or her own healing journey. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    You mentioned a great point. It is very important for people to be able to escape all the troubles and stess of the world today to be able to feel peace. I also really enjoyed the crime of the century exercise. I liked how it incorporated the major chakras into the meditation.
    The loving-kindness exercise is great as well. It is a very difficult skill to learn to forgive some of the wrongs that have been done to you. But when you finally are able to let go of such negative feelings, you will really feel the benefits in your life.

    ReplyDelete